Monday 20 August 2012

Ani-mat-ions


Warning from Gordy Higgins on Vimeo.
One of my friends from uni animated this a while ago. Im not usually a big fan of motion graphics but I think that the little, hand animated characters really added something to it. I thought it was really fun and quirky.



Fox Retro from PUNGA on Vimeo.
Anybody who knows me well is probably aware of my unhealthy obsession with 8-bit stuff, and this short is exactly why. It's fun and adventurous and kinda nostalgic. I loved the colours and character designs, especially the way they moved about the screen. Just awesome...



SIMPLE by Stanislav Sekela(3D animation) from Standa Sekela on Vimeo.
I saw this little animation just the other day on recommendation from a friend. Totally worth it. This seems to be a weird hybrid of 3d and stop-motion animation and the weird characters had me both hooked and slightly creeped out. Definitely worth a watch.



Relentless Drag from Trof Dugweed on Vimeo.
One of the graduate films from last year and honestly one of my all time favourites. Such a weird, yet simple idea. I love almosteverything about this film: the concept, the characters, the animation. It all works amazingly. Damn good work.




More updates on my film soon and I'll also post a link to the actual film blog, once we update it a bit, as well as some stills and backgrounds. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment